I stopped the Thirty Day Challenge because I couldn’t finish this stupid list. I’ve come up with more now though!
Thirty Day Challenge: Five phrases/words that make you giggle/smile:
1. Bubbly. Say it out loud. It’s just so much fun!
2. Boobies. Okay, maybe this shouldn’t make me giggle like a middle schooler, but it’s just so silly!
3. Clusterfuck. It’s just such a good word. You have you use it sparingly though or else it loses its power.
4. Fus ro dah. I’m not exactly a gamer, but Jack has gotten me into Skyrim and it’s just such a good joke now. I’m more likely to say “boosh ro” though because “fus” somehow sounds like “boosh” to me and I don’t have the “dah” yet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip7QZPw04Ks <watch this. You’ll understand.
5. Puppies. I really can’t even think about puppies without smiling. Or babies, but that’s less acceptable so we’re gonna stick with puppies.
I’m clearly getting a ton of studying done. Time to move on to Romeo and Juliet.
Because I don’t want to study yet, books everyone should read:
1. Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafron
2. Ender’s Game / Ender’s Shadow by Orson Scott Card
3. Enchantment by Orson Scott Card
4. Something by John Green (Not a book called “Something,” but really just any one of his books)
5. The Boleyn Inheritance and The Other Boleyn Girl by Phillipa Gregory
6. Harry Potter series. But that should go without saying.
I’m sure I’ll think of more later.
Some random bird I saw in Florida a year or two ago.
I’m going to do another Thirty Day Challenge now. Because I can.
Yes, I realize a day hasn’t passed since my last one. I’m making up for lost time, since I skipped four or five this week.
Five Items I Lust After
I’m gonna stick with material things, as I’m guessing this is the object of this. I could say more time or something, but I’ll resist. Although I’m having trouble thinking of five specific material things.
1. Plane tickets. To everywhere you could possibly imagine. Singapore, Thailand, Czech Republic, Ghana, Argentina…
2. Clothes. What my wardrobe would look like if I could afford it….unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), I’m a cheapskate and the things I splurge on tend to be things like plane tickets, not clothes. I would love some nice sweaters though, and a lot more boots. And some nice scarves, but I’ve never understood paying more than $10ish for a scarf. Also, I would buy a lot more socks. I kinda have a thing for funny socks.
3. Books. I can’t walk through Barnes and Noble without wanting about sixteen of them. And yet I have so many at home I need to read I can’t justify buying them. Currently wanting Innocent Traitor by Alison Weir, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, and anything by Orson Scott Card
4. Food. If I’m not eating, I’m probably thinking about what I would like to be eating at the moment. Some common ones are: cappuccino milkshakes, frappuccinos, goldfish, chocolate, and smoothies. I. Love. Food.
5. Naps. I fantasize about napping a lot. It’s a college problem.
6. Soccer (sorry, I just thought of a sixth just now and I didn’t want to delete one!). Sometimes I would rather play soccer than have any of the things listed above. It’s a pretty big part of my identity, even if I don’t play anymore. There’s something I get out of running around kicking a ball that I simply can’t get from anything else.
October is such a wonderful month. Especially this October. I’d imagine in other areas, October isn’t quite this wonderful, but here the weather is fantastic – some days the weather feels like fall. Others, like today, there’s a high of 79 and I get to wear shorts.
Reasons why this October is especially awesome:
1. Found out I get to study abroad in SCOTLAND next semester!!! 😀
2. Arctic Monkeys concert this Wednesday
3. Fall break – going to Montreal to see two of my friends
4. Humans vs. Zombies starting October 24th
5. State Fair next weekend
I’m sooo excited for all these things. I don’t even know which is most exciting because they’re all completely awesome.
Thirty day challenge: how comfortable I am with my body.
I’d like to think I’m pretty comfortable with it. I go to the gym a few days a week and I walk a lot with classes. Tonight I’m getting exercise in the form of Quidditch! I’ve never played before and I’m super pumped. My friend Steven plays and so Jack and I are going to play with him tonight. I’m pretty thin – I wouldn’t call myself skinny (there’s a difference in my mind) and I’m happy with it. Of course, though, I’m a 19-year-old girl and it is required that I sometimes feel completely upset with my image. Realistically, however, I know I’m in decent shape, especially considering all the crap I eat.
I could probably have the exact body I wanted if I gave up junk food, but I’m happier this way. There’s a happy medium, I think, between sacrificing the small joys of occasional laziness and sweets and completely succumbing to gluttony and sleuth. I like to think I’ve found it.
Oops. Skipped a couple days. Meh.
So, Thirty Day Challenge: Five guys I find attractive
In no particular order:
2. Jude Law
3. James Marsden
4. Charlie McDonnell of charlieissocoollike
5. My boyfriend.
Thirty Day Challenge: the first ten songs that come up on my iPod on shuffle. This could be very good, very bad, or just very weird. Here goes:
1. Miami 2017 (Seen the Lights Go Out on Broadway) by Billy Joel
I loveeeeeeee Billy Joel. I probably shouldn’t have left him off my list of favorite musicians the other day.
2. Kings and Queens by 30 Seconds to Mars
3. Get a Little Closer by Pretty Ricky
I really need to take Pretty Ricky off my iPod. I’m pretty sure I got his music from a friend in high school and I just end up skipping all his songs.
4. Who Are You by The Who
5. Carry on my Wayward Son by Kansas
I never get tired of this song.
6. Bitch by Meredith Brooks
Loved this song in middle school. I really haven’t managed to listen to it all the way through since then. Dunno why.
7. Can I Change My Mind – Tyrone Davis
8. According to You by Orianthi
Yay mediocre, catchy Top 40!
9. Breaking the Habit by Linkin Park
10. Freak Me Out by Weezer
So this really wasn’t all that reflective of my music taste. I guess my tastes are so scattered I’d feel like this wasn’t reflective no matter what came up.
And now I’m going to go back to listening to Carlos Baute (who I rediscovered today) and study for my English exam tomorrow.