I’m going to do another Thirty Day Challenge now. Because I can.
Yes, I realize a day hasn’t passed since my last one. I’m making up for lost time, since I skipped four or five this week.
Five Items I Lust After
I’m gonna stick with material things, as I’m guessing this is the object of this. I could say more time or something, but I’ll resist. Although I’m having trouble thinking of five specific material things.
1. Plane tickets. To everywhere you could possibly imagine. Singapore, Thailand, Czech Republic, Ghana, Argentina…
2. Clothes. What my wardrobe would look like if I could afford it….unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), I’m a cheapskate and the things I splurge on tend to be things like plane tickets, not clothes. I would love some nice sweaters though, and a lot more boots. And some nice scarves, but I’ve never understood paying more than $10ish for a scarf. Also, I would buy a lot more socks. I kinda have a thing for funny socks.
3. Books. I can’t walk through Barnes and Noble without wanting about sixteen of them. And yet I have so many at home I need to read I can’t justify buying them. Currently wanting Innocent Traitor by Alison Weir, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, and anything by Orson Scott Card
4. Food. If I’m not eating, I’m probably thinking about what I would like to be eating at the moment. Some common ones are: cappuccino milkshakes, frappuccinos, goldfish, chocolate, and smoothies. I. Love. Food.
5. Naps. I fantasize about napping a lot. It’s a college problem.
6. Soccer (sorry, I just thought of a sixth just now and I didn’t want to delete one!). Sometimes I would rather play soccer than have any of the things listed above. It’s a pretty big part of my identity, even if I don’t play anymore. There’s something I get out of running around kicking a ball that I simply can’t get from anything else.